The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice (COP) is published by NZ Metal Roofing Manufacturers Inc. (MRM), to provide:
- acceptable trade practice for the fixing of metal roof and wall cladding and accessories.
- prescriptive detailing for designers and sets a benchmark for the standard of detailing and workmanship required over and above that required to comply with the NZBC.
The COP does not describe or dismiss alternative methods, which may need specific acceptance by the Building Consent Authorities.
It is published in accordance with current technology, materials, and building codes. The COP will be periodically updated to reflect changes in legislation and standards or improvements in technology and available materials.
The most current Code of Practice is available on the MRM website, www.metalroofing.org.nz/cop, as Code of Practice Online (MRM COP Version 24.03).
The latest update to the NZMRM Code of Practice, v24.03 was published on 1 March 2024.
In this update there were no substantial changes to recommendations.
7.4.1 Wall Cladding End Laps: Giving guidance for flashing end laps on wall cladding. Including an illustration.
Editing and rearrangement:
- 8.5.4 Parapet Cappings: added a new illustration showing how to flash a parapet-roof intersection.
- 5.7 Outlets and Downpipes: Inserted an explanation for using stand-off clips.
- 2 Glossary: Added defintion of stand-off clips.
- Renamed 12.1.3A Poor Purlin-to-Rafter Connection to 12.1A Poor Purlin to Rafter Connection.
- 4.17 Tray Roofing Clip Durability: made allowance for plastic clips.
- Gutter Capacity Calculator: updated Manufacturer's Data illustration to ignore freeboard when there is Overflow along Gutter.
The rest of the updates consisted of some renamed clauses, and minor corrections and edits.For more detailed information, see 19.1 v24.03 – March 2024.