The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice is a comprehensive design & installation guide, and a recognised related document for Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 of the NZ Building Code.
The following revisions to the NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice were published on 1 September 2021.
Summary of Changes in this update:
- In an important update, the recommendation for freeboard for internal gutters on the 5.3.7 Gutter Capacity Calculator was changed to 30mm to align with E1/AS1 and E1/AS2.
- The recommendation for minimum suitable pitch for 9.1 Penetrations Minimum Pitch, has been amended to include modern proprietary profiles.
- New clauses with easy-to-use fastener pattern reference tables. The tables would cover most standard corrugated and trapezoidal cladding, for 3.18 G550 Steel Cladding Fastening Pattern Tables and 3.20 Aluminium Fastening Pattern Tables.
- Other new clauses were for 5.4.4 Intersecting Valleys and 14.8 Double Lapping.
- The drawing in 5.7 Downpipe Spreaders was replaced to give a clearer reflection of the downpipe design and using the online downpipe spreader capacity calculator.
The rest of this update consisted of fixing minor errors.
|Category||Clause Number (at time of update)||Clause (As of current publication)||Details|
|2 - Editing and rearrangement||1 Introduction||Update Revisions Message|
|4 - Clause Inserted||3.18 G550 Steel Cladding Fastening Pattern Tables||New clause aimed at easy reference of fastening patterns.|
|4 - Clause Inserted||3.20 Aluminium Fastening Pattern Tables||New clause for easy referencing of fastening patterns for aluminium cladding.|
|1 - Minor Errata||3.6.2 Roof Traffic||Changed "tradesman" to trades people for gender neutrality.|
|1 - Minor Errata||3.6.3 Uniformly Distributed Load (Wind or Induced Action)||Corrected spelling of "Uniformly. Included a full term before the abbreviation for UDL in the first sentence.|
|2 - Editing and rearrangement||5.3.3 Internal Corners||Clause moved from Valleys to Gutters.|
|3 - Substantial change to recommendation||5.3.7 Gutter Capacity Calculator||The minimum Freeboard on internal gutter calculations has been changed to 30mm to align with E1/AS1 and E1/AS2.|
|1 - Minor Errata||5.4.2 Valley Design||Inserted cross-reference link to Internal Corners.|
|4 - Clause Inserted||5.4.4 Intersecting Valleys||New clause showing the correct way to intersect valleys.|
|2 - Editing and rearrangement||5.7 Downpipe Spreaders||Replaced Downpipe Spreader Design-drawing with a more detailed one.|
|3 - Substantial change to recommendation||9.1 Penetrations Minimum Pitch||Revised first sentence to make allowance for modern profiles and proprietary profiles.|
|4 - Clause Inserted||14.8 Double Lapping||New clause.|
|4 - Clause Inserted||19.1 2021 – September||New Revision clause|