The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice is a comprehensive design & installation guide, and a recognised related document for Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 of the NZ Building Code.
The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice (COP) is published by NZ Metal Roofing Manufacturers Inc. (MRM), to provide:
- acceptable trade practice for the fixing of metal roof and wall cladding and accessories.
- prescriptive detailing for designers and sets a benchmark for the standard of detailing and workmanship required over and above that required to comply with the NZBC.
The COP does not describe or dismiss alternative methods, which may need specific acceptance by the Building Consent Authorities.
It is published in accordance with current technology, materials, and building codes. The COP will be periodically updated to reflect changes in legislation and standards or improvements in technology and available materials.
The most current Code of Practice is available on the MRM website, www.metalroofing.org.nz/cop, as Code of Practice Online (MRM COP Version 3).
The most recent Update to the COP was on 1 August 2019.
- The main clause 17 Structural Testing was substantially revised to give more practical guidance for testing in accordance with the NZ MRM Code of Practice.
- The main clause 13 Safety has been substantially revised and updated to closer reflect the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, referencing the documents Worksafe: Working on Roofs and Worksafe: Working at Height in New Zealand.
- The sub-clause 14.19A Fixing Aluminium has been substantially revised to better reflect good trade practice and manufacturers’ recommendations.
Summary of other changes in this update
- 9.4 Penetration Design has been reorganised so sheetmetal back curb designs are now shown in different clauses for corrugated and trapezoidal profiles.
- 9.4 Penetration Design now includes an easy-use-use guide for penetration flashing design.
- Previously missing design details have been added for 18.104.22.168F Cricket Under-Soaker: Trapezoidal and 22.214.171.124D Arrowhead Under-Soaker: Trapezoidal.
- Trough Section and Standing Seam have been added to 3.15 Profile Shape descriptions in Structure.
See 19.1 2019 – August for details of the changes in this Update.