The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice is a comprehensive design & installation guide, and a recognised related document for Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 of the NZ Building Code.
The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice (COP) is published by NZ Metal Roofing Manufacturers Inc. (MRM), to provide:
- acceptable trade practice for the fixing of metal roof and wall cladding and accessories.
- prescriptive detailing for designers and sets a benchmark for the standard of detailing and workmanship required over and above that required to comply with the NZBC.
The COP does not describe or dismiss alternative methods, which may need specific acceptance by the Building Consent Authorities.
It is published in accordance with current technology, materials, and building codes. The COP will be periodically updated to reflect changes in legislation and standards or improvements in technology and available materials.
The most current Code of Practice is available on the MRM website, www.metalroofing.org.nz/cop, as Code of Practice Online (MRM COP Version 3).
The most recent Update to the COP was on 1 February 2019.
In this update, no recommendations have been altered that would require changes to existing projects in progress.
Summary of Changes in this Update
- Two new clauses were added in 3 Structure to discuss 3.13 Material Grade and 3.14 Material Thickness.
- Two new, separate, clauses under 4.16 Clearances, discuss 4.16.1 Ground Clearance and related 4.16.2 Site Management in more detail.
- Clauses dealing with 3.12.1 Screw Fasteners fixing to specific purlin types re-ordered for clarity.
- New drawing to show recommended 9.4A Penetration Type at Recommended Position.
- Other updates consist of Category 1 – minor errata corrections to spelling, and grammar and layout.
See 19.1 2019 – February for details of the changes in this Update.