The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice is a comprehensive design & installation guide, and a recognised related document for Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 of the NZ Building Code.
The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice (COP) is published by NZ Metal Roofing Manufacturers Inc. (MRM), to provide:
- acceptable trade practice for the fixing of metal roof and wall cladding and accessories.
- prescriptive detailing for designers and sets a benchmark for the standard of detailing and workmanship required over and above that required to comply with the NZBC.
The COP does not describe or dismiss alternative methods, which may need specific acceptance by the Building Consent Authorities.
It is published in accordance with current technology, materials, and building codes. The COP will be periodically updated to reflect changes in legislation and standards or improvements in technology and available materials.
The most current Code of Practice is available on the MRM website, www.metalroofing.org.nz/cop, as Code of Practice Online (MRM COP Version 3).
The most recent Update to the COP was on 1 December 2020.
We introduced three more responsive tools to aid in roof drainage design. They are:
- 7.1.4 Maximum Run Calculator: Calculating the maximum roof length of any profile, at any pitch, and for any rainfall intensity to achieve effective roof drainage.
- 5.5.2 Maximum Area Above Spreader Calculator: To calculate the maximum allowable area feeding into spreaders.
- 9.4.4 Maximum Area Above Penetration Calculator: To calculate the maximum allowable area above roof penetrations.
The rest of this update consisted of fixing minor errors and improvements for clarity.
For detailed information about the update, see 19.1 2020 – December.