The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice is a comprehensive design & installation guide, and a recognised related document for Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 of the NZ Building Code.
- Soldering cannot be used on aluminium-zinc materials; use only neutral cure silicone rubber or MS polymer sealants.
- Pre-align the pieces to be joined and pre-drill if possible.
- Thoroughly clean off surplus sealant and swarf using a dry, lint-free cloth or plastic scraper.
- Apply two beads of sealant close to each edge of the joint.
- Align pieces together and fasten with rivets at 50 mm centres.