The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice is a comprehensive design & installation guide, and a recognised related document for Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 of the NZ Building Code.
The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice (COP) is published by NZ Metal Roofing Manufacturers Inc. (MRM), to provide:
- acceptable trade practice for the fixing of metal roof and wall cladding and accessories.
- prescriptive detailing for designers and sets a benchmark for the standard of detailing and workmanship required over and above that required to comply with the NZBC.
The COP does not describe or dismiss alternative methods, which may need specific acceptance by the Building Consent Authorities.
It is published in accordance with current technology, materials, and building codes. The COP will be periodically updated to reflect changes in legislation and standards or improvements in technology and available materials.
The most current Code of Practice is available on the MRM website, www.metalroofing.org.nz/cop, as Code of Practice Online (MRM COP Version 3).
Significant changes to the COP effective from 1 December 2021:
- Update to 5A Capacity Calculations: These have now all been updated to require input of both 10 and 50 year ARI. This allows the calculators to automatically incorporate the correct ARI for the specifics of the project. Both values are retained when you select a different calculator or return for another project.
- Complete revision of clause 12.1 Roof Noise.
- Complete revision of clause 4.10.3 Solar Collectors and Other Roof Mounted Structures.
- Change of recommendation for3.18 G550 Steel Cladding Fastening Pattern Tables in Extra High Wind Zones. Recommendation amended from C2 pattern to C3.
The rest of this update comprises minor edits and fixes.
For more detailed information, please see 19.1 2021 – December.