The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice is a comprehensive design & installation guide, and a recognised related document for Acceptable Solution E2/AS1 of the NZ Building Code.
The NZ Metal Roof and Wall Cladding Code of Practice (COP) is published by NZ Metal Roofing Manufacturers Inc. (MRM), to provide:
- acceptable trade practice for the fixing of metal roof and wall cladding and accessories.
- prescriptive detailing for designers and sets a benchmark for the standard of detailing and workmanship required over and above that required to comply with the NZBC.
The COP does not describe or dismiss alternative methods, which may need specific acceptance by the Building Consent Authorities.
It is published in accordance with current technology, materials, and building codes. The COP will be periodically updated to reflect changes in legislation and standards or improvements in technology and available materials.
The most current Code of Practice is available on the MRM website, www.metalroofing.org.nz/cop, as Code of Practice Online (MRM COP Version 3).
The most recent Update to the COP was on 1 June 2020.
- In this update, we included new clauses concerning 17.2 MRM Fastener Performance Requirements and Testing and 17.3 MRM Soft Edge Standard.
- We updated 3.16 Maximum Span and Fastener Requirements to include 3.16.6 Aluminium Cladding Wind Load Span Graphs.
- We added a new table 5.6.4 Minimum Freeboard Values to 5.6 Roof Drainage Design and implemented interface refinements to 5.7 Capacity Calculations.
The rest of this update consists of minor improvements, such as tidying up drawings and edits for clarity and grammar.
For detailed information about the update, see 19.1 2020 – June